RCA Steering Committee Announced
The first members of the Right Care Alliance Steering Committee were inaugurated at the start of the Right Care Alliance Congress on May 7, marking a significant milestone in the history of the Right Care Alliance. We are thrilled to introduce the individuals who will be taking on this leadership role:
- Poppy Arford, Brunswick, ME
- Marlene Beggelman, Cambridge, MA
- Kim DiGioa, Washington, DC
- Maia Dorsett, St. Louis, MO
- Stuart Fisk, Pittsburgh, PA
- Jonathan Jimenez, Durham, NC
- Jane Muir, Charlottesville, VA
- Theresa Ojala, Kingman, AZ
- Casey Quinlan, Richmond, VA
- Selwyn Rogers, Chicago, IL
- Surafel Tsega, New York, NY
- Shannon Brownlee, Washington, DC (chair)
- Vikas Saini, Boston, MA (chair)
The Steering Committee will be a guiding voice for the Right Care Alliance, helping the coalition maintain its core values and achieve its strategic objectives as it grows. Learn more about the Steering Committee members by reading their bios.
The American Health Care Act
The Steering Committee’s first action was to release a statement in opposition to the American Health Care Act following its passage in the House of Representatives on May 4th. The statement condemns the legislation for removing protections for people with preexisting conditions, reducing federal support for Medicaid, and doing nothing to address rising health care costs and corruption, and reiterates the RCA’s commitment to fighting for a universal, transparent, community-based health care system.
What’s Next for the Steering Committee
Over the next few months, the committee will be solidifying the organization of the committee, assigning subcommittee lead roles, and creating plans for RCA funding, governance, communications, training, and more. To do all of this, we will need your help, so stay tuned for information on how you can get involved in RCA leadership.